Monday, October 12, 2009

Evolution (Film)

Yesterday I saw the film Evolution. It's rather wonderful.

There's not much science in it. Just enough to explain the overwhelming horror of the new world view Darwin is drawn to, when contrasted with the previous ideas about a loving God who cares for every sparrow. I don't think there's a great deal of historical detail either.

It's mainly about a man's anguish after the death of his delightful elder daughter. About his loss of faith. About how these two things destroy his relationship with his friend the vicar and his religious wife.

I cried in the theatre. I guess I'm fairly tear-prone for a man, but this still only happens to me once or twice a year. And Remembrance Day accounts for most of those occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers