Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thirst (Film)

I imagine that if you

(a) are into vampires
(b) grew up with enough far easteners that you can read their facial expressions
(c) speak Korean
(d) don't find the film's grubby aesthetic a complete turn-off

then this is one of the best films ever made.

I don't tick any of the above boxes, but I still enjoyed it.

I can't imagine a British or American remake capturing the spirit of the original, but if the French could get the guy who made Mesrine to rip this off, it could be awesome.

In a summer of fine films, this is the first one that I wouldn't immediately pay to see again if a friend wanted to go, but I don't think it's bad.

Far from it. An interesting tale well told. I think the acting's good too, but it's just impossible for me to tell since I'm so bad at reading the emotions of the actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers